The Courageous Conversation Global Foundation will offer training and support for Community Groups that have at least two of the following:
- The entity is connected to a school district or corporation that is engaged in (or ready to engage in) systemic equity work.
- The community served by the entity is experiencing racial tensions and is seeking remedies that include training and strategies for racial healing.
- The entity is comprised of members with the capacity to broach influence in broader systems within the greater community for a collective impact strategy for racial healing.
Structure of Training and Support
- If an incident has occurred in the community we will do a two-hour Critical Care Healing session, followed the next day with a two-day Beyond Diversity™ Seminar. One month later, we will hold a one-day systemic transformation strategy session, followed by four video conference calls scheduled over the next six to nine months.
- If no incident has occurred, we will begin with a video conference call, followed by a two-day Beyond Diversity™ Seminar. One month later, we will hold a one-day systemic transformation strategy session, followed by four video conference calls scheduled over the next six to nine months.
- Participants will develop the skills to engage in productive conversations about race in intra-racial and inter-racial spaces by using the Protocol for Courageous Conversation™
- Participants will develop strategies that will sustain and deepen racial healing work within their own organization and with partner organizations
- Participants will hone their racial equity leadership skills with support from our Foundation team
Process and Requirements
- Complete an application here on our website
- If selected, provide a location for the onsite events. The location should have table that seats eight to 10 people (preferably round), screen, projector and speakers. Two to three microphones, two wireless clip-on and one wireless hand held, if possible. A catered or box lunch for all participants during the two-day Beyond Diversity™ and one-day strategy session.