Goal: To support Higher Education and International Study in the areas of Racial and Social Justice for a diverse group of emerging young leaders so they can contribute to inter-racial healing locally and across the globe.
Who is eligible to apply?
- High School Seniors with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, who have been accepted in an accredited College or University with an intended major or concentration in one or more of the following: History, Ethnic Studies, Social Sciences, Race and/or Gender Studies
- College Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors at an accredited College or University with a GPA of 3.0 or higher who have demonstrated involvement in social justice and leadership on campus, and has a declared major or concentration in one or more of the following: History, Ethnic Studies, Social Sciences, Race and/or Gender Studies
What will you receive? (Each of these must be applied for separately)
- A renewable scholarship to pursue your education
- A one-time grant to support international travel, specifically to engage in sustainable social justice work with an established entity in that country
- Training in the Internationally-recognized Protocol for Courageous Conversation
What is required to apply?
- A letter of inquiry that details how you will impact racial healing on campus and in your community as a result of this support.
- 3 letters of reference that verify your potential leadership skills and/or social activism involvement on campus
- Most recent official transcript