Interested in the Courageous Equity Leadership Fellows program?
Who This Is For
College students who have demonstrated an interest in the scholarly study of race and race relations and are interested in facilitating productive conversations about race using the Courageous Conversation® framework.
What to Expect
Fellows will receive extensive training and support that draws on the 30-year history of Courageous Conversation® and will engage in the following:
- Courageous Equity Leadership Fellows will host and facilitate regularly scheduled conversations about race on their campus.
- Fellows will collaborate with their counterparts from other universities, across the globe, via an online platform throughout the year.
- Fellows will develop forums and virtual platform activities and events to foster intraracial and interracial relationships on campus and among youth across the globe.
- Fellows will work with the Global Foundation to mitigate racial trauma and facilitate healing when incidents of racial strife occur in their communities.
How It Works
Fellows will participate in training modules and receive individual coaching in the Protocol for Courageous Conversation® during the summer. They will implement racial healing events on their college campus during the Fall semester. Fellows will be able to:
- Define each component of the CCAR Protocol
- Understand the personal and interpersonal purpose of each part of the Protocol
- Apply Protocol when analyzing and developing meaning around current and critical events on campus and in the broader community
- Apply Protocol when engaging with others
- Utilize the Protocol to guide others in racial literacy development and healthy racial discourse
- Consistently engage in self-reflection and mindfulness to process through racialized fears, triggers and obstacles
- Craft, expand, and articulate his/her Racial Autobiography™
The application period is now open. For more information, please contact Ashlee Anderson, Courageous Conversation® Global Foundation Program Director, at email@example.com.