Interested in the Racial Healing and Transformation for Community Groups program?
We offer training and support for community groups that have at least two of the following:
- The entity is connected to a school district or corporation that is engaged in (or ready to engage in) systemic equity work.
- The community served by the entity is experiencing racial tensions and is seeking remedies that include training and strategies for racial healing.
- The entity is composed of members with the capacity to broach influence in broader systems within the greater community for a collective impact strategy for racial healing.
Structure of Training and Support
We will do a two-hour racial healing session, virtually or in-person, followed by a Beyond Diversity™ seminar (in person) or a virtual Courageous Conversation: The Experience session. Next, we will schedule a systemic transformation strategy session. The entity can schedule a series of video conference coaching sessions scheduled over the next six to nine months, as needed (fees apply).
What to Expect
By participating in this program, community members will:
- develop the skills to engage in productive conversations about race in intra-racial and inter-racial spaces by using the Protocol for Courageous Conversation®
- develop strategies that will sustain and deepen racial healing work within their own organization and with partner organizations
- hone their racial equity leadership skills with support from our Foundation team
- Complete an application below.
- If selected and conducting onsite events, the entity is responsible for securing the location and food for the events with the following specifications:
- The location should have tables that seat eight to 10 people (preferably round), screen, projector and speakers.
- Two to three microphones (two wireless clip-on microphones and one wireless handheld microphone, if possible.
- A catered or box lunch for all participants during the two-day Beyond Diversity™ and one-day strategy session.
- If selected and conducting virtual events, costs to the entity will be on a sliding scale based on the size and needs of the entity. The Foundation subsidizes all training costs through the generosity of our donors.
We look forward to receiving your application. For questions, please contact Madame Athena Chang, Courageous Conversation® Global Foundation Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.